Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 22 13 11:37 AM

Tags : :

Hello guys. I have a few questions about syncing. Please take your time to read them.

1. I am currently playing on Galaxy S2. Will my progress get auto restored if I have to reinstall the game? I always sign in to G+ while playing.

2. I may get Nexus 7 on birthday. Will everything(hats, levels, golfers, achievements) get restored on the tab automatically?

I searched on forums but all the posts related to this issue date back to August when Google Sync was not there. I want to know if anyone has already synced like this. I lost my one year's progress in Subway Surfers when my memory card crashed and since then I haven't had the mood to play any other game. I get very upset when my progress is not saved.

I emailed Noodlecake Games and they told me to keep a backup using Helium. I did make a backup but I haven't uninstalled SSG2 and restored using Helium. I want to know if Google Sync will do it for me. I don't mind keeping a backup using Helium but since Google Sync is there, I want to see it work the way it should. Thanks for reading.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 22 13 1:58 PM

Re: Questions on Syncing

If you sign in with Google plus, your achievements will be restored, but not your powerups, bux, hats, or levels. This makes it incredibly difficult since you get a lot of bux from the achievements.

The only way I know to save your place is to backup your data with an app such as Titanium Backup. Your old phone will need to be rooted, and you'll need to root your new phone to restore the data. You'll also need to transfer the backed up data from the old phone to the new one.

If you're not familiar with rooting, you'll want to spend a lot of time googling the concept... It's tricky. Another piece of advice, do NOT do any over the air updates until you have done what you need to, since phone makers actively try to close exploits that allow root access.

Hope that helps!

SSG2 name: Mr. Sno

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 22 13 2:54 PM

Actually everything should get synced except golf bux, which is obvious prevention to cheating. A friend of mine recently bought a new phone and got it synced this way.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Nov 22 13 7:11 PM

1shark1 wrote:
Actually everything should get synced except golf bux, which is obvious prevention to cheating. A friend of mine recently bought a new phone and got it synced this way.

Not for me. I had to start from scratch :-\

I had a backup, but wasn't able to root my new phone right away.

SSG2 name: Mr. Sno

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help