Remove this ad

Lunartic

Blue Thumbs Gaming

Lead

Nov 23 13 11:42 PM

Tags : :

ZOMBIE ROAD TRIP TRIALS

I got invited to test Team Spokko's new game that they're working on and the first build came through last night just before I was about to go to bed. I planned to open it up to check it out quickly but that quickly turned into a 2am OH Crap I better get to bed deal.

Besides sharing obvious graphically similarities and overall theme, Zombie Road Trip Trials is a very different game to Zombie Road Trip. It includes heaps of cool new stuff and my all time favorite feature for any racing game 'ghosting', which I was excited to see. (Lunar Racer absolutely should of had / needs this)

A big focus point for Zombie Road Trip Trials is online Multiplayer and I had a few runs with it last night and got smashed by some really good racers already!

Unlike Zombie Road Trip where the emphasis was on surviving for as long as possible and killing as many zombies as possible to earn brain coins, with Zombie Road Trip Trials it's all about speed and the zombies have become tactical obstacles that you need to get out of the way to finish as fast as possible.

There's also a lot more involved with the Zombie Road Trip Trials Missions and some of them so far have been really tough but very satisfying to complete.

"Wow man. You're the greatest kangaroo blooded ninja I've ever cyber met."
"a lot of strange people playing this game but you're a special one..."
Lunartic on Facebook Twitter Everyplay YouTube Badland Forum Blue Thumbs Gaming

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Lunartic

#1 [url]

Mar 21 14 7:17 AM

Re: ZOMBIE ROAD TRIP TRIALS

ZOMBIE ROAD TRIP TRIALS

Now available in the Australian and Canadian App stores and coming to the rest of the world soon.

I was looking forward to this being finally released because I enjoyed it a lot when I was involved in the beta test, unfortunately though I'm not at all impressed with what has been released!

Zombie Road Trip Trials is chock full of ads and just about anything you do in the game results in a full screen add popup and there are also banner ads in Multiplayer.

Considering that this is a free game, that's par for the course I guess but Team Spokko didn't include a feature to remove ads when an IAP was bought in Zombie Road Trip and I suspect that will be the case here again (although I'm waiting for a reply about it).

EDIT: I've been informed that any IAP removes all advertising in ZRTT.

That's one gripe I have and the other is that the pricing of items in Zombie Road Trip Trials is absolutely ridiculous! This is a trend that started in Zombie Road Trip, with new vehicles being available at ridiculous prices:

Lunartic wrote:
Here's another big 'FU and show us your money!' update:

I noticed they've increased the frequency of those full page popup ads also, which would be fair enough for a freemium game if it wasn't for the fact that I've made several IAPs!

Lunartic wrote:
Here's the other example we got late last year:

Seems like this is going to be a regular thing from now on.

This overpricing of items has been taken to a ridiculous extreme in Zombie Road Trip Trials IMO and here is why I think so:

In Zombie Road Trip Trials there are two ways to earn coins: completing missions and winning multiplayer races.

In the current version of Zombie Road Trip Trials there are 4 main stages (Desert, Mountains, City and Town) that can be unlocked by completing missions and a 5th stage that can be unlocked by buying the MOONLANDER vehicle for 40,000 coins. In each main stage there are 8 tracks and each track has 12 missions to complete. The missions are worth 3 x 100 coins, 3 x 200 coins, 3 x 300 coins and 4 x 400 coins.

All of the VEHICLE and WEAPON items are very expensive, with the best items costing 700,000 coins total to purchase initially. I'm not sure how much it will cost to upgrade both of these items twice, but it will be somewhere close to another 700,000 coins I would imagine.

As Zombie Road Trip Trials currently stands, it's impossible to earn enough coins to unlock and upgrade the best items and is not possible by a LONG WAY! Fair enough perhaps because Zombie Road Trip Trials seems to have been built with a focus on the multiplayer aspect, but with a multiplayer win being only worth 400 coins anybody who wants to work towards getting the best equipment here is in for one hell of a grind or a massive dint in their bank account!

Goofuming my math is correct (which I'm always the first to admit, it often isn't), a player would need to complete all of the missions and win over 1,500 multiplayer races to just unlock the best weapon and car combination:

A 604,000 coin deficit would cost a player over $30 in IAP! I simple can't get my head around that...

Of course that's assuming you complete all the missions and win all of those multiplayer races with the initial car and weapon combo, which if you do try out the game you'll find out very quickly would be impossible. To get a decent weapon and car set up going to complete missions and win multiplayer races you're going to need to spend almost every coin you get from completing missions and winning multiplayer races on upgrading your weapon and car as you progress...

So suddenly now you're looking at needing to spend $41.99 in IAP to get the 2,000,000 coins pack.

IMO this absolutely ridiculous!

I enjoyed being a beta tester for this game because the multiplayer aspect is really fun, but the released version with it's ridiculous item pricing resulted in me deleting Zombie Road Trip Trials within a day.

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#3 [url]

Mar 23 14 11:23 PM

pkloa wrote:
Overall, from your Beta test, is it worth the download?

Well it's a free game so there's no risk involved in checking it out.

I enjoyed the Beta test version, but disliked the released version due to the relentless grinding that would be required to get any decent stuff unlocked as I've outlined.

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#4 [url]

Mar 28 14 5:11 AM

Lunartic wrote:
Zombie Road Trip Trials is chock full of ads and just about anything you do in the game results in a full screen add popup and there are also banner ads in Multiplayer.

Considering that this is a free game, that's par for the course I guess but Team Spokko didn't include a feature to remove ads when an IAP was bought in Zombie Road Trip and I suspect that will be the case here again (although I'm waiting for a reply about it).

Good news in regards to this:

ToolismSPOKK wrote:
in ZRT Trials buying ANYTHING does disable all ads.

So yeah, any IAP made in Zombie Road Trip Trials will apparently remove any and all forms of advertising.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help