Remove this ad

Lunartic

Blue Thumbs Gaming

Lead

Nov 25 13 4:59 AM

Tags : :

RANDOM HEROES
By Ravenous Games

Does anybody else play Random Heroes? I picked it up last night and played it for a while and it's a really fun little game! I was really surprised to find that for a free game, it's not grindy at all and it doesn't take very long to be able to upgrade your costume and weapons to some really cool stuff. It starts of fairly easy but the later stages and the last couple of bosses are definitely challenging.

I'm doing some PC maintenance at the moment and just played through and cleared the game while I was waiting for stuff to back up etc.

I'm going to continue to play through the game again until I can unlock the Railgun (Rambo & Railgun combo).

"Wow man. You're the greatest kangaroo blooded ninja I've ever cyber met."
"a lot of strange people playing this game but you're a special one..."
Lunartic on Facebook Twitter Everyplay YouTube Badland Forum Blue Thumbs Gaming

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Lunartic

#1 [url]

Nov 25 13 5:05 AM

Re: Random Heroes & Random Heroes 2

RANDOM HEROES 2
By Ravenous Games

Random Heroes 2 is also currently free and is very similar to Random Heroes, but with some cool new tweaks and additions and this time you're apparently battling aliens. I only played it for about 10 minutes last night, but it's definitely also worth checking out if you're a fan of action platform games and especially if you pick up and like Random Heroes.

Quote    Reply   

Shake

#2 [url]

Nov 25 13 11:30 AM

I played through both games and enjoyed the second one more. The agent is an awesome charter since he is so fast and can double jump. I can't remember which weapon it was but I bought one of the best weapons (possibly the best) in the first game and it was really disappointing. Hopefully it wasn't the rail gun. For the sequel the bank robber and agent were the only characters I bought/upgraded and for the weapons the blaster rifle and bazooka were great. I waited a long time until getting the rifle but it was worth it. It took a long time to kill enemies with the starting gun. The biggest improvement with the sequel was being able the aim the damn gun. A much needed improvement.

-Master_Shake-

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 25 13 1:48 PM

Only the first one is on Android and it's not free. I still picked it up.

I honestly didn't think it was that great of a game. Early in the game it just didn't feel right. The collision detection is very unforgiving and the invincibility frames after taking damage are the same way. It didn't help that it lagged a good bit on my phone (galaxy s3, so it should run fine.)

After awhile I just grinded on a level with a lot of enemies and upgraded to a good gun, the pulse rifle. After that, I grinded a little more to get the general who is easily the best character in the game. Once I had both of those, there were almost no levels that were any challenge at all. Getting the achievement for beating the game with no deaths was still a little difficult since I was rushing through it. But I imagine if I took my time it would have been a breeze.

It was worth $0.99, but I would only rate it 3/5 or so. I'd still play the second game if it's not more than a dollar.

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#4 [url]

Nov 27 13 4:07 AM

Shake wrote:
I played through both games and enjoyed the second one more. The agent is an awesome charter since he is so fast and can double jump. I can't remember which weapon it was but I bought one of the best weapons (possibly the best) in the first game and it was really disappointing. Hopefully it wasn't the rail gun. For the sequel the bank robber and agent were the only characters I bought/upgraded and for the weapons the blaster rifle and bazooka were great. I waited a long time until getting the rifle but it was worth it. It took a long time to kill enemies with the starting gun. The biggest improvement with the sequel was being able the aim the damn gun. A much needed improvement.

Yeah I enjoyed the second one a lot more also because of the additional features. I also grabbed the AGENT ASAP for the double jump action which comes in very handy for avoiding enemies and also just for general level exploration, but I upgraded to the KING as soon as I could afford it for the extra gold coins. During any given level I'd switch between the Agent and the King if needed. The only weapon I've bought and upgraded so far is the PHASER, but I'm going to grind through again to find all of the skulls and stars and also to check out the BAZOOKER

I thought the ending was cool.

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#5 [url]

Nov 27 13 4:16 AM

1221 wrote:
Only the first one is on Android and it's not free. I still picked it up.

I honestly didn't think it was that great of a game. Early in the game it just didn't feel right. The collision detection is very unforgiving and the invincibility frames after taking damage are the same way. It didn't help that it lagged a good bit on my phone (galaxy s3, so it should run fine.)

Hmm I guess that must be Noodlecake's dodgy porting because I didn't notice anything like that with the iOS version.

1221 wrote:
After awhile I just grinded on a level with a lot of enemies and upgraded to a good gun, the pulse rifle. After that, I grinded a little more to get the general who is easily the best character in the game. Once I had both of those, there were almost no levels that were any challenge at all. Getting the achievement for beating the game with no deaths was still a little difficult since I was rushing through it. But I imagine if I took my time it would have been a breeze.

I played most of the game initially with the PULSE RIFLE also but made the mistake of grinding through again to get the BLASTER RIFLE and it's absolutely crap!

1221 wrote:
It was worth $0.99, but I would only rate it 3/5 or so. I'd still play the second game if it's not more than a dollar.

Yeah I'd of paid that for it and will more than likely pick up the spin off RANDOM RUNNERS, that's the same price.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Shake

#6 [url]

Nov 29 13 12:28 AM

Is the blaster rifle you bought the one you have to charge in the first game? If so that was the one I bought and it was a total waste of money. The blaster rifle in the sequel is nothing like that.

-Master_Shake-

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#7 [url]

Nov 30 13 1:51 PM

Shake wrote:
Is the blaster rifle you bought the one you have to charge in the first game? If so that was the one I bought and it was a total waste of money. The blaster rifle in the sequel is nothing like that.

Yeah that's it! Complete dog shiit waste of time...

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#8 [url]

Mar 4 14 4:44 AM

Random Heroes 3, errrrm I mean DEVIOUS DUNGEON by Ravenous Games is getting released this week.

Here's the trailer:

[youtube]VrTn5S4jefI[/youtube]

It definitely looks like Random Heroes 3 but I loved the first two so I'll be getting this for sure!

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#9 [url]

Mar 7 14 4:12 AM

Devious Dungeon is now available:

I've only just started playing it but am enjoying it so far.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help