Remove this ad

Lunartic

Blue Thumbs Gaming

Lead

Dec 12 13 3:05 AM

Tags : :

If you've tried to check in here sometime in the last 6 hours you no doubt wouldn't have been able to.

This forumer.com mob have stopped all PhpBB support and updates and I think it's only a matter of time before they drop forums off the map entirely. I'm going to set up a new much more streamlined SSG2 forum site with a new host in my spare time over the Christmas break and should be able to go live with it in the new year, or perhaps earlier.

This place will remain open for as long as forumer.com remains viable, so don't worry I'm not going to pull the pin again! It's totally up to you if you want to sign up at the new place when it goes live, or stay here but once the new place is up that's the only spot I'll be posting in / supporting.

If your are keen for a fresh start at a new site, what are some of the must have threads / topics that you think I need to copy and paste over to the new place?

Any suggestions as to the layout of the place would be welcome also and I'll post a link to the new joint as soon as I have the skeleton sorted out.

Cheers.

"Wow man. You're the greatest kangaroo blooded ninja I've ever cyber met."
"a lot of strange people playing this game but you're a special one..."
Lunartic on Facebook Twitter Everyplay YouTube Badland Forum Blue Thumbs Gaming

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 12 13 3:15 AM

Re: Switching Hosts.

As soon as you do let me know, please.
I don't think SSG threads are necessary anymore, only SSG2.

P.S: Anybody know if there's really a Feb 3rd update coming with a new power up?

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#4 [url]

Dec 12 13 10:00 AM

What I decided to do was to keep this place running and somewhat updated (for as long as forumer remains open for business) for any non-SSG2 stuff and create a new forum focused on SSG2. I'll set it up so each tour is a sub-forum and then all of the threads for that tour can go in the one spot.

I should have a basic skeleton for the place done in a day or two and then I'll post the link here to get any feedback, opinions etc.

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#5 [url]

Dec 12 13 12:31 PM

So what do you think about this kind of setup?

Where the TOURS are set as main forums on the front page:

COURSES are set as sub-forums for each of the Tour Forums:

and then we'd have a few set threads for each course set as Stickies (that always stay at the top of the thread list):

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#8 [url]

Dec 12 13 10:30 PM

Yeah I think so, much better than the half-finished mess I let this place become.

A new start should inspire me to get a bunch of stuff finished / updated (course tactics etc.) and of course any help in doing so is always welcome.

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#9 [url]

Dec 16 13 5:27 AM

OK I think I've got the basic skeleton sorted out, you can check it out here:

http://ssg2.gamerz.co

Don't register and don't make any posts yet, as it's still very much a work in progress.

Just have a click around and let me know what you think about the basic layout etc.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Dec 16 13 5:04 PM

Layout looks good to me. The dark blue seems a bit tough to read on the black background sometimes, but that could just be me.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Lunartic

#16 [url]

Dec 17 13 11:41 PM

Yeah I think so.

I'm also thinking that to keep things even simpler, instead of having 3 threads for each course (General Discussion, Single Player Tactics & Replays) I'll set the basic stuff up all in one thread:

- THREAD NAME (Course).
- Course image.
- Best score screenshot.
- YouTube Replay Playlist links (Clean Ball, Free Play, Unorthodox)
- Single Player Tactics
- Best Time info

Then anything else to do with this course (screenshots, discussion, replays etc) gets posted following which means all the info for a particular course is easily found all in the one spot.

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#18 [url]

Dec 20 13 6:29 AM

I finally decided on a setup for the new SSG2 site.

I realised that with just a few fiends likely to post there it didn't make much sense to have a bunch of sub-forums set up that would be full of largely empty threads, so instead I've only gone with TOURS as forums and then courses just as threads.

If anybody wants to help start copying and pasting stuff over to set up the basic course threads, by all means please go ahead. Valpy I know you've expressed interest in helping with this, cheers.

I'd like them to be set up as like I've done for the TOUR 1 courses please:

- Course Name
- Course Image
- PAY TO PLAY / FREE PLAY / CLEAN BALL Tactics (only the possible tactics, ignore the probable ones).
- Best score screenshot.

I'll add BEST TIME scores in once the threads are all set up and I may or may not Edit in links to replays somewhere down the road.

All of that stuff can be copied and pasted directly from threads here and the only drama you should come across when doing so is you might get an error message sayig "Can only post images 600 wide". Unfortunately I haven't found an automatic image resize function with the new host, so if you get this message you'll have to manually resize and re-host any images larger than 600 pixels. If you're not sure how to do that just copy and paste the course text, let me know what courses need the images edited and I'll get onto doing it ASAP.

I'm really hoping to move over completely to the new site before the update drops in early January!

You can register now here: http://ssg2.gamerz.co/

Oh and you may notice that I decided to go with a simpler banner over there and that I've tweaked the banner here also.

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#20 [url]

Dec 20 13 7:13 AM

p.s. I like the size you've shrunk the best score scorecards down to KS. I'll go through and do the same for any of the other courses that paste over large.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help