Remove this ad

Lunartic

Blue Thumbs Gaming

Lead

Mar 20 14 1:58 AM

Tags : :

Project 68

I recently decided that I'd spend a bit less time playing and posting about other people's games when wifey and the kids are alseep and start to play around and try to make some of my own.

Project 68 is the name that I've given to my attempt to start learning to code my own simple games and I'll be posting about my trials and tribulations (and hopefully a few breakthroughs) here, as I head down the long and no doubt difficult path that lays ahead.

Obviously having been involved with forums for years and years I am not 100% green in regards to using various codes, but that and all the computer modelling I did as a post-grad are a completely different ball game to understanding and writing game code. Keeping that in mind, I'm under no illusions whatsoever that it might not amount to anything other than an appreciation for what game developers actually do, but I'm excited to start learning!

"Wow man. You're the greatest kangaroo blooded ninja I've ever cyber met."
"a lot of strange people playing this game but you're a special one..."
Lunartic on Facebook Twitter Everyplay YouTube Badland Forum Blue Thumbs Gaming

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Lunartic

#1 [url]

Mar 20 14 3:22 AM

Re: WTF is Project 68?

Oh and in case you're wondering where I got the idea for the name and image for this:

I raced karts and then a Formula Vee open wheeler for many years, a long time ago. As you can see my pixel art skills need a lot of improving but I was reasonably happy with with 5 minute slap up job to start with.

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#2 [url]

Mar 20 14 3:27 AM

Following the advice of Trebz, my first goal is to learn the basics of coding in Python using Al Sweigart's Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python.

Quote    Reply   

Lunartic

#4 [url]

Apr 6 14 9:15 AM

I'm really impressed with Game Maker Studio!

I've gone from absolutely no knowledge of game making, to being well on the way towards creating a fully playable game in just a couple of weeks. I can see myself spending a lot of time playing around with this, so recently upgraded from the free version to the standard version. I definitely recommend checking it out if you have any interest in making some of your own games.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help