[youtube]lwuOde0bKAk[/youtube]SHOOT THE MONKEYS!
Part 1.2 of me playing around in Game Maker Studio to make my first ever silly little game.
I've started to branch out even more WAY beyond what is included in Shaun Spalding's great tutorials and have incorporated a heap of cool little features I've picked up here and there in various tutorials on YouTube.I've made HEAPS of changes to get to this stage since the last video.
- Added an INTRO room with a crazy banner and controls key.
- Added the game’s story in fade in / out text.
- Added buttons to be able to switch between the INTRO and GAME rooms easily.
- Added background music for both the INTRO room and GAME room.
- Added sound effects for the Banana Bombs, Coconut Bullets and Monkey Poop.
- Patched in all of the enemies, gave them some movement and set them up with varying strengths.
- I set up the main ship so that: it turns into the original banana ship if it gets hit by a poop, it dies if it hits a monkey and it now has some nitro burning effects. I still need to:
- Tidy up a lot of code.
- Tweak the intro story.
- Work out how to get the enemy monkeys to fire poops randomly and automatically.
- Work out a couple of bugs in regards to hit points.
- Work out how to do a game over / restart screen.
- Fix the ship up so that it doesn't just vanish if it touches a monkey.
- And probably a bunch of stuff that doesn't immediately come to mind, or that I’ll see on YouTube somewhere and want to add in.